News & Events
Introducing Clements Kids!
Boys & Girls Club of Rochester is honored to be partnering with Clements Chevrolet Cadillac Subaru with an initiative called Clements Kids: Achieving Academic Success through Arts & Athletics. Clements has agreed to provide $350,000 over 5 years to support this initiative. Marcus Sherels, Minnesota Vikings cornerback, and his brother Michael, University of Minnesota football linebacker coach, are spokespeople for this unique partnership.
This initiative will empower all youth, especially those in highest need, to achieve academic excellence through arts and athletics. Clements leadership understands that not every kid in Rochester has the same resources, yet every kid deserves the same opportunities. We will be focusing on providing top-notch experiences in both athletics and arts programs in order to support academics.
Our measurable goals in the first two years are:
- Ensure 70% of Club members have an increased or maintained positive attitude toward school and learning.
- Ensure 70% of Club members have an increased participation in arts or athletics.
- Increase sustainable partnerships with higher education and other community partners.
- Strengthen our academic scholarship program.
- Ensure at least 30 youth per year are paired successfully with a caring adult academic impact mentor.
- Ensure at least 600 youth will participate in Academic Success activities in the 2014-15 program year.
In addition to this unique & innovative partnership, Clements has donated a new 16-passenger van valued at $35,000 to assist with our transportation needs.
Thank you Clements Chevrolet Cadillac Subaru for your generous support of Rochester's youth!
Check out our Calendar for Club open/closed days, events, and more!